Pre-orders now open for new Vivente World Randonneurs
Posted on July 19 2015
New models of the Vivente World Randonneur commuting/touring bikes are on their way, and we're expecting to have them in the shop mid-August. These have been eagerly awaited, and we're now taking pre-orders so you can have your bike as soon as possible - email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (02 8014 4228) and we'll make arrangements.
There are two new models:
In addition to the previously announced models:
- 'Deccan' (drop bar, STI shifters, derailleur gears)
- 'Anatolia' (trekking bar, derailleur gears)
- 'Patagonia' (drop bar, bar-end shifters)
- 'The Gibb' (trekking bar, Rohloff hub gears)
Plus the following changes have been made:
- Front light is the AXA Luxx 70 Plus dynamo-powered with USB-charging capability
- All models now have powerful, low-maintenance hydraulic disc brakes, with the exception of the 'Deccan' which has TRP Spyre mechanical discs (due to the STI shifters) which have two moving pads.
- 'The Gibb' and 'Swabia' models use an eccentric bottom bracket so there's no need for a chain tensioner, and they come fitted with a Hebie Chainglider to keep the chain out of the elements.
- Improved frame machining to reduce weight while retaining strength.
- Frame sizes now go up to XXXL for people over 200cm tall.
- Extras supplied with each bike now include tools for assembly and packing, plus two water bottles.
These bicycles just go from strength to strength, and these models will really be a cut above anything else that's available on the market, either in Australia or internationally. We can't wait to get them in!