Touring: Where to ride
Above: Descending towards the Wollondilly River, on the ride from Lithgow to Mittagong
Not many people realise it, but Sydney is a great place to start a bicycle touring adventure. The Cityrail train network can take you well out of the city, and from there you can explore many interesting and scenic parts of NSW from a totally different perspective.
Where should I ride?
We'd be happy to chat with you about ideas! Here are some trip suggestions, all of which link up with train stations. N.B. Depending on your fitness, these trips may take more or less time. Ask us if you're not sure.
- Gordon to Pittwater YHA (56km, 2 days)
- Gosford to Newcastle (100km, 2 days)
- Hunter Valley Wine Tour (~150km, 2-4 days)
- Mittagong to Wombeyan Caves and return (130km-155km, 2 days)
- Hawkesbury River: Windsor to Ourimbah via Mangrove Mountain (125km, 2 days)
- Hawkesbury River: Windsor to Brookyln via Mangrove Mountain (150km, 2-3 days)
- Hawkesbury River: Windsor to St Albans and return (135km, 2 days)
- Marulan to Nowra (169km, 3 days)
- Lithgow to Mittagong (210km, 2-3 days)
- Southern Highlands to Nowra (300km, 5 days)
- Bell to Lithgow via Mudgee (500km, 7 days)
- Mittagong to Muswellbrook (500km, 10 days)
- Moss Vale to Nowra (77km, 2 days)